Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Front Flap: When Miranda Merchant, sixteen and levelheaded, escapes her lonely, hot summer in New York City, little does she know what awaits her. She steps off the ferry onto an island rife with legend, lore, and a past her logical mind can't make sense of. She isn't expecting to feel a connection to this unusual place, so filled with languorous charm and strange history. And when she meets Leo, a mysterious local boy, she finds herself questioning everything she thought she knew about boys, friendship, reality... and love. Is Leo hiding something? Or is he something she never could have imagined? I loved this book! It was amazing! It actually kinda reminded me of Twilight because she like has this strong connection with him and loves him already but he's not good for her or like a mysterious creature. It seems like there'd be another book! I hope so, thatd be amazing too! But I love the history of knowing about your family like that and how their lives were. Being able to read their old letters or wear their old clothes or see things they did before. It really is mysterious. And when she was reading that book about the sea creatures and everything I totally thought of myself because she was letting her imagination get carried away and got scared and I'm like that too! But I loved it. the mysterious boy. and that you also don;t find out if he really is a merman. It leaves it up to you to decide! And I really like the cover too. The designs are really pretty. I wonder how they pick these girls to be on the cover of books. Like if they're already models or they just get picked. Anyways, really good book. the best one I've read from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]