Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Back Front Cover: The first rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club. The second rule about fight club is you don't talk about fight club. The third rule of fight club is two men per fight. The fourth rule of fight club is one fight at a time. The fifth rule of fight club is no shoes, no shirts in the fight. The sixth rule of fight club is the fights go on as long as they have to. So this book was really weird. First of all, I've never seen the movie, so I dunno anything really. But I didn't really like it. Some people in my class love it and everything and thats fine for them, but not me. It was alright. Really confusing. Some things I guess make sense but it was alot of guessing. I kinda thought at the beginning that Tyler and Joe were the same person but then my prof ruined it and told us in class yesterday, of course he told us right before you could tell he was both people and a split personality. It is weird but it makes sense I guess that he's Tyler when he's sleeping since he doesn't remember, but then how in the world this one part where Tyler leaves whenever Marla is there is he talking about himself or what? But the only way to overcome this Tyler personality was to kill himself and he does. So yeah it was ok. I'm not keeping it though. the only book I'll probaly keep is Monster, and maybe Laramie Project, I haven't read it yet but it's a play I think about the hanging of a gay man so should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]