Sunday, September 20, 2009

Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson

Back Cover: Scarlett Martin has grown up in a most unusual way. Her family owns the Hopewell, a small Art Deco hotel in the heart of New York City. When each of the Martins turns 15, they are expected to take over the care of a suite. For Scarlett's fiteenth birthday, she gets both a room called the Empire Suite and a permanent house guest named Mrs. Amberson. Scarlett doesn't quite know what to make of this C-list starlet and world traveler. And when she meets Eric, an astonishingly gorgeous actor who has just moved to the city, her summer takes a second unexpected turn. Before the summer is over, Scarlett will have to survive a whirlwind of thievery and romantic missteps. But in the city where anything can happen, she just might be able to pull it off. I thought this was an amazing story. It just felt different to me than others.
And the key cover is so cute with it being buildings on the key I noticed that like halfway through the book haha. But Scarlett is great, and this thing going on with her brother Spencer is so great. That they're so close. Then Lola and Marlene being close. And Marlene had leukemia, sadness! But it was just like a family thing because you could tell they had their ways, but those ways got messed up over the summer. Mrs. Amberson was a character alright, but also funny. And someone you would wanna be around with those connections, and nice money tips too! But I saw there's another book after this one and I'll def wanna see whatsup with that theater in the hotel thing. I'm sure it'll work out good, but what drama is gonna come up next? I also thought this book was pretty thick, but I thank goodness managed to finish it tonight! I've been reading a book a day for a while so I gotta keep it up. It's a really big challenge with school but I'm determined to make my goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]