Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blade Silver: Color me Scarred by Melody Carlson

Back Cover: Ruth Wallace knows she can hide the scars on her amrs for only so long. Who wears long sleeves all summer? Cutting herself doesn't make Ruth's problems disappear, but at least it helps her cope- or soshe thinks. Her dad is a nightmare, her mother is lost in a medicated reamland, and her brother can't handle their family like any more than she can. This is just my way of dealing with the pain. Ruth's new crush, Glen Collins, and her good friend Abby are starting to get suspicious. Hopefully they can help Ruth heal her scars- the ones she hides and the ones she can't- before something terrible happens. This was so emotional and wow. I just love Melody Carlson, I know I say it everytime right? But I just got sucked into it and it was SO REAL! I could feel the pain she was and imagine how she was feeling. It was just so hopeless and desolate and depressing. And her parents, when her dad is yelling at her and calling her names, it's so horrible! and her mom just walking around without a care, all medicated and everything. It was so sad! and when she took out her blade and is just cutting herself over and over, it's like she says she's gonna stop, but I know she won't! and I mean I have cut myself a few times, but I don't have scars, it was very stupid I admit, and I'm glad I didn't become addicted to it like her. And that she found help! And accepted it! These color books have perfect colors to go with the emotions and the situations thousands of teenagers see themselves in. They really are helpful and you learn alot, not only because of the situation, but because of the lessons they get about God I've learned a few things ya know? These are just so amazing. I really recommend them to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]