Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deep Green: Color me Jealous by Melody Carlson

Back Cover: Jordan Ferguson and Shawna Frye became good friends a few months back- when Jordan made cheerleader and started hanging with a new group of friends. That's how the Timothy Lawrence incident happened. A sick, twisted love triangle. When Timothy suddenly dumps Shawna- to start seeing Jordan- rumors start flying. Shawna gets her revenge, first by smearing her former friend's reputation. Then she steals back Timothy by tempting him with an offer he can't refuse. Jordan feels absolutely green with envy- so much so that she considers doing everything in her power to get him bacl. Everything. Luckily, her old friend Kara Hendricks has been down that road too and knows Someone who just might be able to help Jordan as well. Of course this book was amazing! It was def crazy the things that Jordan was doing to get back Timothy. It's insane to think how much girls thinks of guys and the future while the guy could probably care less. And it's sad how some friends are today, like the saying goes, with friends like that who needs enemies? And I'm just glad I did not have to deal with that in high school at all! I mean, not now either. I have two best friends who are actually my best friends, and would never do any crazy stuff like that to me or me to them either! And I'm glad that Jordan found her way to God because the things she was thinking were pretty wild. I must admit I've been kinda crazy too, but God is there to reel me back in! Thank goodness for Him, right? And there should be more books out there like these that address the real types of problems with teenagers and how they can be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]