Monday, September 21, 2009

Diva Without a Cause by Grace Dent

Back Cover: Fifteen-year-old Shiraz Bailey Wood's days are filled with hanging around outside Calire's Accessories, her parents work crap jobs, and her school is pretty much loser central. But this lovable British dreamer with a brain and a heart of gold is beginning to feel there might be a lot more to life than minimum wage and the bling of a souped-up car. I thought this book was ok. At first it kinda seemed like uhm I don't wanna finish reading this because it's not going so good but I don't have time to be restarting books ya know? But it got better and I got used to the langauge. It was really weird to read like that, I wonder if people really talk like that? probably, but it was funny the glossary in the back and Shiraz was pretty hilarious. I also love the cover, it's so funny, like a total diva pose ya know. There is a second book coming out, if I see it at the library I'd probably get it but I'm most likely not gonna search for it, but anyways. Yeah, it was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]