Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gorgeous by Rachel Vail

Front Flap: She's looking good...but Allison Avery can't believe it. Growing up with beautiful, blonde sisters, Allison has always been the dark-haired, "interesting-looking" Avery. So when the devil shows up and offers to make her gorgeous, Allison jumps at the chance to finally get noticed. But there's one tiny catch, and it's not her soul: The devil wants her cell phone. Though her deal with the devil seems like a good idea at the time, Allison soon realizes that being gorgeous isn't as easy as it looks. Are her new friends and boyfriend for real, or do they just like her pretty face? Allison can't trust anyone anymore, and her possessed phone and her family's financial crisis aren't making things any easier. Plus, when she finds out that she might be America's next teen model, all hell breaks loose. Allison may be losing control, but how far is she willingto go to stay gorgeous forever? I liked it. That's that. I wasn't like the best ever. But it was alright. I must admit I didn't care for the devil part, I mean I dunno it was just kinda weird but hey, it's a book, but still! And then I was happy I read the first book, Lucky, I didn't even know this was the second one though until I saw it on I think the back and was like oh! So some parts I recognized from the Lucky book, so I'm not sure if there's the next book out, but I'm sure I'll try to read it, why not I read the first two! And also that summary is kinda misleading to me because Allison never even has a boyfriend, he's just a fling, and she only gets one new friend, Roxie, not a whole bunch. But anyways, I like the cover too. Nail polish makes me sad cuz I can't wear it on my fingernails working at a fast food restaurant, but yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]