Thursday, October 8, 2009

Torch Red: Color me Torn by Melody Carlson

Back Cover: Zoe is certain she's the only teenager on the planet who's still a virgin- okay, except for maybe abstinence princess Casey Renwick. The talk in the locker room makes sex sound so great- and maybe it is- but Zoe isn't so sure. The new girl inschool, Shawna Frye, has done it, although she's the one girl who doesn't say much about it. Maybe I should just do it and get it over with. When jock-boy Justin Clark asks Zoe out, she wonders if he could finally be the one. Nate, a die-hard Christian and real friend, encourages Zoe to consider exactly what it all means before she makes a life-defining decision. Behind the scenes, Shawna's dark secret threatens to change everyone's perspective on sex. But will Zoe find out before it's too late? So this was good, but I think it's my least favorite of all the color ones, because the other ones focuz more on just like one serious emotion that takes over their life, and this one has to do with sex, but not really one strong emotion. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good message and all, but the others were more intense I guess you could say! But it sux because your environment will make you do things you wouldn't have done before, like peer pressure and not only that but just your peers talking about something and always talking about it and you're the only one who hasn't experienced it. It's hard to be independent of that, but God will help you. and for me with my friends, I never had issues like that because my friends didn't have issues with sex or drugs or alcohol just like me so I was in a good environment, but yeah. I still want to try to read all the others. I think I've almost read all of them by now? I do have one more coming up soon, but yeah! This is just so crazy trying to do this reading thing with school being like 100% more busier than last year, but I only have like 50 something books left so I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]