Thursday, August 20, 2009

On This Day by Melody Carlson

Back Cover: Drawn to Lakeside Inn from a variety of locations as diverse as they are, Elizabeth Anderson, Suzette Burke, Ingrid Campbell, Margaret Simpson, and Laura Fairbanks- the bride's aunt, family friend, bridesmaid, grandmother of the bride, and sister of the groom-seemingly share little more than their collective joy for the couple marrying at the mountain resort. During the course of one unforgettable day, however, each woman reaches a point of reckoning in her own most intimate relationship. As their stories unfold, the women out of necessity turn to one another- upholding each other through the pain of postpartum depression, doubts about an upcming wedding, the discovery of a husband's affair, reflections on the ups and downs of life as a war bride, and plans to end a 25-year marriage. Through it all, their connection with one another deepens and grows, as does their understanding of themselves and of the healing power of live, perseverance, and friendship. This was def an inspirational novel! I was a little confused at first with all the different storytellers, but then I understood and totally got into it. It really made me think of my relationship with my boyfriend and us getting married, which won't be for a while. And how every girl has insecurities about her marriage or her relationship. And how men can make you kinda feel crappy sometimes. But I know in the end I'll be like Margaret, who was married for 60 years when her husband died. I don't wanna know who will die first between me and my boo, but I know time of this Earth is precious and to enjoy it while I can, especially with my man by my side. I love Melody Carlson. I wanna read all of her books. She has a good range of books, like teen ones and these ones that have women in them and I think she's written children books? Anyways, she's def amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]