Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid

Back Cover: At just twenty-three years old, Shauna Reid weighed 351 pounds. Spurred into action by the sight of her enormous white knickers billowing on the clothesline, she created the hugely successful blog "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl". Hiding behind her Lycra-clad, roly-poly alter-ego, her transofrmation from couch potato to svelte goddess began. Today, eight thousand miles, seven years, and 175 pounds later, the gloriously gorgeous Shauna is literally half the woman she used to be. Hysterically funny and heart-wrenchingly honest, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl includes travel tales from Australia to Paris to Red Square, plus romance when she meets the man of her dreams in a Scottish pub. This is the uplifting true story of a young woman who defeated her demons and conquered her cravings to become a real-life superhero to inspire us all. Wow. This was so real. I mean, obviously it is cuz she wrote it all and it really happened, it's just so raw and full of emotions. I mean, ok I'm not fat, but I totally can relate to the feelings of eating bad food and then feeling bad about it, or trying to not eat as much to make the eating you did before evened out. And she did such a good job. Alot of times I'm just like oh well who cares, but it's me who cares. I was inspired by this book and I'm glad I saw it just sitting there in the new fiction section or I never woulda read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]