Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Back Cover: One boy... One dragon... A world of adventure. When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight he is thurst into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of am Empire ruled by a king whose evil has no bounds. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands...
This was sooo good! Of course much better than the movie, which I don't really remember even watching but when I was reading I remember alot of parts. but it's amazing how one person can create all of that in their mind and then write it all out like that. It also kinda reminded me of Lord of the Rings. Like the Urgals are those other bad creatures of LOTR and how they're going on a journey together through lots of land. And I love Saphira! But it was a really great book and I'm def gonna read the others.

1 comment:

  1. I like Eragon too. I've read all the books and love them. Didn't like the movie though. I wonder if they even read it all they way?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :]