Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Front Flap: I AM A BEAST. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright- a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster. You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever- ruined- unless I can break the spell. Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beats who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly... beastly. This was such a good book! A great way to make The Beauty and the Beast modern and into something that is realistic. Because people all they do care about is looks! I mean, I hate it. And I know there are people out there that don't care, just like Linda. Although she wasn't sure at first, she had to be patient and so did Kyle, or by his new name Adrian. And this also reminds me kinda of that movie Penelope. I saw it a few weeks ago. How she tried to meet guys but they all ran away. I mean it is a different type of story, but same thing. But I really liked it. It was sensitive, romantic, sad, and had a happy ending of course! :]

1 comment:

  1. I first heard of this when I read the review at Michelle's Bookshelf & I added it to my TBR right away. This makes the 2nd positive review I've read! I love Beauty & the Beast so I'm def. gonna have to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :]