Friday, August 7, 2009

Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley

Back Cover: Charlotte Usher practically feels invisible at school, and then one day she really is. Even worse: she's dead. And all because of a guy and a gummy bear. In this satirical yet heartfelt novel, Tonya Hurley explores the invisibility we all feel at times and the lengths we'll go to be seen. This book was pretty good. I saw it one day at the bookstore, so I was so excited when I could get it from the library cuz it just looks so cool! I love the silver on the edges of the pages and the beginning of each chapter with the little like song quotes and then a little paragraph on like love or regret or whatever else happens in the book. For some reason a few times I got really kind mad and annoyed at Charlotte, for wanting to stay in the real world so much, and for so much fuss over one guy! I mean jeez, the things girls do to win a guy's heart is like anything! But I loved how unique it was and I saw I think there's a second one out too at some bookstore in Seaside, but I shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]