Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Great Call of China by Cynthea Liu

Cece is going to China for an anthropology program, but there's another big reason. She was adopted and is from China and wants to find out more about her birth parents. She gets her room mate Jessica, and starts the hectic schedule planned out for her. She makes a new friend Kallyn, but also gains a love interest, Will. Peter, her guide also becomes a friend. While maintaining relationships and going through classes, she's struggling for the answers to her story, to her past. She finds some information that could lead her to the answers, but does she really want to know the truth? I love these traveling books! They're so awesome. I wanna read all of the S.A.S.S. books! I liked this one, it is sad how China has the one child policy, and what she goes through thinking just because she was a girl that she was abandoned. But it's def a good book! And I'm just chugging along here trying to get to my goal ahh! I hope I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering about this author. Her books look interesting. I think I may look deeper into them and get a few. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :]