Friday, December 11, 2009

Victoria and the Rogue by Meg Cabot

Back Cover: Growing up in far-off India, wealthy young heiress Victoria Arbuthnot is accustomed to handling her own affairs. But in her siexteenth year, Vicky is unceremoniously shipped off to London to find a husband. She may be in a strange new city, but Vicky knows one thing: her own mind. And she has decided that handsome, worldly Hugo Rothschild will suit her needs admirably in the matrimonial department. But raffish young ship captain Jacob Carstairs disagrees. Vicky is mystified by Jacob's insistence that Hugo is not for her- that is, until it becomes clear that Hugo is not all he professes to be. Not only has Vicky misjudged Hugo, she has misjudged Jacob... and the reason for his interference. Will Vicky be forced to admit that- for the first time in her life- she might actually be wrong? I FINISHED 300 BOOKS IN ONE YEAR GO MEEEE!!!!! YAY!!! WOOHOOOO This was a great last book for my 300 book goal! I loved it and I thought it was even better than the other I read similar to it because it was funny to read about Victoria and her ways and about life in India compared to England. It was great. And of course I knew at the beginning that the Jacob guy was the one she was gonna want, you can always tell! Well now I can, before I didn't really pay attention probably but now I do and it kinda sux sometimes though since I know like who they're gonna end up with at the end but that's ok. I loved the story and the way she talks and everything. I wanna read more fun books like this one! Alright gotta get ready for school but yay im so excited i did it and today is my last real day of classes and then i just have 2 finals and 2 final papers and im done with this semester!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]