Tuesday, December 15, 2009

it had to be you by Cecily von Ziegesar

Front Cover: Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live in luxe Fifth Avenue apartments and attend Manhattan's most exclusive private schools. We're smart, we've inherited classic good looks, we wear fantastic clothes, and we know how to party. We can't help it- we were born this way. Our story begins with three inseparable, completely gorgeous fifteen-year-old, Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, and Nate Archibald. Blair has loved Nate and his glittering green eyes since she was in Bonpoint onesies. Too bad Nate wishes Blair's beautiful best friend, Serena, was the one with the crush. And Serena has a secret she's keeping from them both. Hmm, something tells me these three best friends might not be as close as we thought... How do I know all this? Because I know everything- and lucky for you, I can't keep a secret. So sit back while I untangle this messy little tale and tell you how it all began. Admit it, you're already falling for me. So, this is how it all started! Now I got the details on the heart in the sweater and the ruby ring and Serena and Nate having sex together for the first time and the Red Sea thing and all of that good stuff! It was great just as always. It's kinda fun to read the prequel since you already know everything that's going to happen later. It's like background stuff they refer to or you know about the character but haven't read it yet and there it is! I can't wait to read the last book I don't remember what it's called but the one that just came out. I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback though cuz I don't want one random hardback one ya know what I mean? But yeah! It did take me a while to read this one but that's because it's finals week! And I finished my goal so I'm not rushed plus it's bigger than the others so yeah! Loved it. For some reason when Serena was sad about Nate I was like kinda nto caring, maybe because I know what she was going to do behind Blair's back, but oh well haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]