Friday, April 2, 2010

A Little Help From my Friends by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt

Back Cover: As the youngest and shyest Miracle Girl, Zoe Fairchild was happy to fade into the background last year. But when she sheds her baby fat and shoots up four inches the summer before her junior year, everything changes. Now she's turning heads at school, and this new attention is beginning to strain her relationship with her sweet, serious boyfriend, Marcus. Pressure builds when Zoe's assigned partner for her history class is Dean Marchese- a handsome New York transplant who isn't afraid to show her how he feels. Just when Zoe needs her her three best friends the most, the other Miracle Girls are suffering from boy troubles of their own. Even Zoe's rock-solid home life begins to shake beneath her when her parents' relationship frays over finances. As this uncertain year of growing pains comes to a frenetic head, the quietest Miracle Girl must find her voice at long last and take control of her destiny... with more than a little help from her friends. This was a wonderful book. I did read the first one although that was a while ago! But I remembered the characters and all that after a little bit, of course, memory is amazing right? But I really do think girls like that who have each other no matter what are just so good for life. I really don't have that, ya know, so they can like take things for granted a lot of times, thinking everyone has it that good with their 4 or 5 best friends with them, I have 2 besties though :] Anyways, the book was great because you learned things from it, how Zoe had to learn to speak her mind, which kinda sounds like me needing to do that more too! And just how real it is, that's why I love these teen books because they're so realistic and they change with time because of all the technology or activities people do or whatever, so it's nice. It''s def getting away to another world, even though I'm not in that high school frame of mind anymore, it's fun to read it and look back on it and kinda be like hmm was I like that before and didn't see it? But all these characters were inspiring since they were standing up for their teacher and doing anything they could for her! And also finding out more about themselves along the way. I also love that umbrella on the cover, I want it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]