Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Back Cover: After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school- but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste. Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head- wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is- or what he is . The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him. This was a good book. I enjoyed reading it, but at the end I def did think of Twilight since Damen has lived so long, he's like another type of being who can read her mind, although Edward can't read Bella's mind he has the ability, and how she falls so deeply in love with him and becomes weak because of it. But besides that, a lot of the info on how they are what they are and like logistical stuff was kinda confusing sometimes, but the story I liked. And Drina was def evil, causing basically all the bad things to have ever happened in Ever's life, which is an interesting name to pick for a character. And I like how Riley her sister visits her and chose to, but at the end it's really hard to let go and I can understand that. It must suck to be like Ever, fer reals. Then again to also reminds me of Sookie in Dead Until Dark which I just started reading for english class, because she can read people's thoughts so having a boyfriend would be horrible, especially having sex. And Ever is kinda the same way. I feel a trend going on here of main characters in like these vampire/immortal type books where the main girl character is like not very social and/or doesn't have many friends and if she does then she's not into it. Hmmm What does that say about teenage girls who read these books? I dunno, anyways, I enjoyed reading it and there were def some suspenseful parts in there where I was like omg what's gonna happen! But now I'm about to read the second one cuz I borrowed the first two from my best friend so we'll see how that one goes now that we know the initial story and characters and all, kinda like Vampire Academy. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]