Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tangled Up in Daydreams by Rebecca Bloom

Back Cover: Sweet, funny L.A. hipster Molly has a blossoming new business and a supportive family. When she and Liam, a talented up-and-coming musician, meet, their attraction is instant, their connection unparalleled. But when Liam's recreational dabbling in the darker side of fame turns into a full-blown addiction, Molly must decide if her love is enough to change Liam... or if she should let him go to save herself. Tangled Up in Daydreams explores the terrain of one woman's emotional search for a love to last a lifetime and confirms that Rebecca Bloom is one of today's most creative talents. Hmm, interesting book. I liked that it was a book of someone older since I always read teen books, but the way it was structured was alright. Hence the title, it kinda got confusing sometimes because of some memories and going back to daydreams and the past. After a while I knew where it was in the present, but at first I was kinda like huh? It reminds me of this book I read senior year of high school I always forgot what it's called but it's in like stream of consciousness, which is kinda how this is. But I did love is how each character even though there wasn't any in first person, showed their feelings and emotions about things. and what Molly was feeling was so real and confusing and unsure and doubtful, it was really realistic and it didn't have like a fairy tale type ending, it leaves you wondering, what really did happen to their relationship? It was also kinda funny how it just said like, after someone talked, "looking up", or "brushing her hair" kinda lke I dunno hard to explain haha but overall I liked it, but it wasn't amazing. Oh and it's so funny because the author's name is almost the name of the main character of Confessions of a Shopaholic! Rebecca Bloomwood ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]