Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bittersweet Sixteen by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman

Front Flap: A brand-new wardrobe from Saks. A private jet to Holland to select the perfect tulip. A guest list that rivals red-carpet after-parties. And a birthday bash that blows all others completely out of the water. Okay, it's not your average birthday wish list, but Whitney Blake and Sophie Mitchum are anything but average. I'm Laura Finnegan- thrift-store junkie and scholarship student at Tate, our posh all-girls high school in Manhattan. Needless to say, I'm not like Whit and Soph- gorgeous, popular, and filthy rich- but that doesn't stop us from being BFFs, until they started turning in to the all-Sweet Sixteen, all-the-time channel. Now tempers are flaring, Prada bags are flying, and guys are being tossed around in vicious tug-of-war battles. All this, just to see whose Sweet Sixteen reigns supreme? I'd have to say I really liked this book, although it is really superficial and crazy for my taste, I liked Laura, who seemed like she could be similar to how I am. A scholarship student and not rich, but her parents love her and take time to know what happens in my life. This was alot like the show Sweet Sixteen, where they want this and that, but for them it seemed like they got everything they wanted, there was no daddy I want this and temper tantrum because he said no, it was just all out! And I know I read this book and enjoyed it, but sometimes those type of people make me so mad, because they could be spending money on something way worthy like helping poor people, I mean whats like $1,000 to them? nothing, but to a country who needs it, it's alot. That's one of the first things I'd do if I win like the lottery is give it to charities fro my heart, not for publicity or anything, like that matters I'm not famous! lol But anyways, I did like the book and Laura was a great character. It shows how sometimes all those material things get in the way of important friendships! But I love the cover, of course I love pink, but it's cute like a giftbag. But overall it was goo and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]