Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz

Front Flap: After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the five remaining gates that guard the earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silver Bloods. Back in New York, Mimi has been elected Regent of a crumbling coven. Struggling with her heartache over the loss of Kingsley and with her overwhelming esire to destroy Jack, she must focus all her energy on a perilous new threat. Vampires are being abducted and their captors are planning to burn them alive online... for all the world to see. Help arrives in the form of Deming Chen, a Venator from Shanghai, who must untangle the web of deceptions before the killers strike again. As the young vampires struggle for the survival of the coven, they uncover a deadly secret, a truth first discovered by Schuyler's mother during the Renaissance but kept buried for centuries. And as the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler to a terrible choice that will ultimately map the destiny of her heart.

Awesome book like always. Haven't read the one before it in a while, but of course you get back into things and remember what was going on. I think the stuff going on with Mimi was alot more deadly and intense though! But I loved it. And the cover too is nice. I am not sure what big secret they're talking about? I guess that's bad since I just finished it a few days ago, but with so much stuff on my mind with school, it makes sense right? Anyways, Schuyler and Jack are in love. Aw, yet they get separated at the end. What's going on there? And Mimi wants revenge, uh oh Jack is in trouble. Then Mimi has all this stress when she misses Kinglsey, and wow she's going to Hell to get him?? BRAVE! Plus they didn't even find any of the 5 gates which goes to show you there's still a long way for this series to go, which is good! Cuz I don't want it to go away anytime soon that's for sure. Deming was a good character to add into the mix since she was from Shanghai, that's awesome. And now her and those other two brothers are going out to find others like that half demon half human guy, forgot his name already, sad I know. But so adventorous. I was tired of reading about vampires for a while since last semester I had that class but now every now and then this book is great, esp I feel it's different than others for some reason. Maybe because the focus more on like the demons and the gates of Hell. Now that is something you don't want to mess with! Well it was a good read and so I'm hoping to maybe get 100 books by the end of this year but I'm doubting it, not even at 80 yet I don't think, but oh well, it's still a lot of books I read! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]