Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hollywood is Like High School with Money by Zoey Dean

Back Cover: Twenty-four-year old Taylor Henning has just landed her dream job as an assistant at a major movie studio. Immediately, her catty coworkers undermine her, and she realizes the saying "Hollywood is like high school with money" is absolutely true. But Taylor wasn't exactly a social butterfly in high school. How is she supposed to do any better now? Then she meets her boss's popular daughter, Quinn, and has an epiphany: Maybe the queen-bee teenager can teach her the tactics she needs to succeed in the movie business. The shrewd Quinn takes Taylor under her wing and soon she's racking up victories against rival assistant Kylie. But when Taylor is directed to steal Kylie's boyfriend, something happens that's not in the script: She falls for him. Can Taylor harness her inner mean girl while staying true to herself? This was def an unexpected book for me! I thought that it'd be about something to do with like a teenage intern or someone in the business, but it was actually someone even older than me! haha, but I really liked it. Taylor has her dream right in front of her but it's not exactly amazing, and of course there's the thing where ya gotta start off at the bottom and then go higher up. And there's of course gotta be the other means girl around! and probably Hollywood is like high school, which is why I don't really care about it. Reading it in books is good enough for me! I ain't got time to deal with no stupid drama and there's no drama in my life now so I'm awesome without it! ha. The only thing I don't like is the cover, because I'm not sure what it's supposed to be? I actually just made a connection that maybe it's Taylor and she's going to go on the plane to see that one producer director guy. I dunno, it's not cute, but hey can't judge a book by its cover right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]