Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Uhm on this one I'm actually just going to say myself what happened! Since this is like a norton critical edition the back is booooring! So here we go. From My Mind: Frankenstein creates a monster. After being isolated from his family, and being obssessed with making life from death, he finally makes life. But once it happens, he instantly regrets it. Throughout this story, Frankenstein pays for his creation. His young brother, William, is killed, by the monster. Then so is his friend Henry Clerval, but only because Frankenstein wouldn't make the monster a mate, and then came his cousin but married for one night Elizabeth, and his father dies from shock and misery. Frankenstein ends up dieing on a ship where he has told his whole story to a guy named Robert Walton. Then the monster sees the death of his creator and in the end goes to kill himself too. Sooo, yes, I said Frankenstein is the creator because he is indeed, and his name is Victor Frankenstein, and he made the monster, who doesn't even have a name and he calls the wretch a lot. hmmm interesting right? But I liked this book. I had to read it for my english class and it wasn't too bad actually. It was sad though, how the monster was so alone. He like was watching a family and learned to speak all by himself and like just wanted to be accepted by humans but he wasn't. Then again I felt bad for Victor, but basically everything is his fault because if he never created the monster, none of that would have happened! So yeah, it was def interesting. I don't think I've seen a movie for it? But we are in class and reading some like critical essays about it and all. So we'll see how that goes but overall it was good and pretty fast it's only like 156 pages so pretty short! But hey I liked it, but not enough to keep it hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]