Thursday, July 29, 2010

Winter's End by Jean-Claude Mourlevat

Front Flap: Four teenagers escape from their prison-like boarding schools to take up the fight against the tyrannical government that murdered their parents fifteen years earlier. But only three of the friends make it safely to Jahn's restaurant, the headquarters of a secret resistance movement, where they discover the astonishing power that one voice can have in the fight for freedom. As the battle rages, the three friends are in a race against time to save their companion, who has been forced to participate in a deadly, ancient game for the amusement of his captors. Will this new generation prevail, or are they destined to meet the same grisly fate as their parents?
I borrowed this book from my best friend and she def has good taste. This was a great book! Gosh sometimes I get tired of myself because I alwayas love all the books I read, which is good, but still haha. Anyways, these types were a group is revolting against the government they're so exciting and thrilling. It was very interesting and of course there were parts where you were like omg! Because one point of view in the story then crossed with another when they were traveling but the others didn't know! and it was sooo sad at the end that Milos died :[ But I have to wonder whose the kid? Was it a kid from him or what? That part def confused me in the epilogue. But besides that it was very intense and action packed. I think it'd make a great movie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]