Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wolves in Chic Clothing by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman

Front Flap: Julia, a hip downtown salesgirl at Pelham's jewelry store, finds her social life turned on its head when she is asked to deliver a necklace to the store's young heiress, Lell Pelham, on Lell's wedding day. Beguiled by Julia's earnest cluelessness and her vintage-chic vibe, Lell and her gang adopt Julia, and "Eliza Doolittle" her into passing as the heiress to a family fortune, just for a laugh. Dazed by the whirlwind of trust funds, pedigrees, Cosmopolitans, and penthouses in her new world, Julia is unprepared for the ardent advances of Lell's husband- or the vicious claws her new "friends" develop when they decide Julia is an ingrate, and demote her from society goddess to penniless cling-on with one well-timed editorial. Suddenly, she must return the borrowed couture clothes and try to remember who she was before the body snatching took place.

Wow, haven't been here for a while, I think I been renewed this book like 3 times it took me so long! But it was pretty good, it just seemed like it went by too fast, not like me reading it, but like the story. Like I thought more stuff would be happening, but I guess it just maybe seemed fast if I only read some everytime and didn't remember exactly everything that happened! I dunno, but it was a good read and nice to read after all this school! It's crazy, but I can't just not read, gotta keep myself sane somehow! And love to read, but it's def harder and harder to do every night like I used to! Well, books are awesome is just it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :]